page loader

Wine Insurance

You’ve worked hard to grow your winery into a successful business. The hard work you put into growing grapes, blending wines, and selling your product has paid off tremendously. But you’re risking your livelihood if you don’t have the protection of commercial agribusiness insurance.

Trent & Associates has partnered with Nationwide to offer insurance products that protect your winery against financial harm and unexpected events. Our insurance coverage and risk management services help protect what you’ve worked hard to create.

Commercial Agribusiness Insurance Products for Wineries

Trent & Associates has several insurance packages that protect wineries. Speak with one of our agents to learn more about the following products.

Agribusiness Property Insurance
Commercial agribusiness property insurance covers your winery and its belongings. The buildings, owned or leased equipment, fixtures, and contents are covered. Other real and personal property covered includes inventory, supplies, computer equipment, business documents, and furniture.

Property insurance covers losses caused by:

  • Fires
  • Lightning
  • Hail
  • Windstorms
  • Explosions
  • Theft
  • Vandalism
  • Damage from vehicles or airplanes

You can customize your policy to include coverage for damages caused by flood, earthquake, volcano, and equipment breakdown.

Agribusiness Business Income Insurance
No matter how careful you are, there are some things you can’t control. Events such as fire, hail, vandalism and mechanical or electrical breakdowns can happen at any moment. The bills don’t stop just because you’re temporarily closed. Utilities, rent or mortgage, suppliers, taxes, and employees need to get paid. Business income insurance compensates you for lost income and expenses incurred because of events beyond your control.

Agribusiness Liability Insurance
A business could get sued for anything from discrimination against customers to breach of contract. And even if the lawsuit is frivolous, you have to deal with the courts and the expense that goes with it. Liability insurance gives you the ability to better manage the risks faced by your winery. You can discuss your specific liability concerns with a Trent & Associates agent. But our general liability policy covers:

Physical injury, advertising and personal injury liability, and property damage
Damage to a rented property
Premises medical payments for injuries occurring on your property
Employee practices liability and employee benefits liability for claims made by employees
Fertilizer, herbicide and pesticide coverage
Grain title liability and seedsmen’s liability coverage

Agribusiness Fleet Insurance
Liability insurance is required for all vehicles in North Carolina. You can choose more advanced options, but liability is the least amount of coverage allowed. Our auto and fleet insurance coverage is specifically for business vehicles. Fleet insurance also covers the employees who drive company-owned vehicles or their own personal vehicles for business purposes.

Risk Management Services
Trent & Associates is dedicated to helping you identify, evaluate, and reduce risks that affect your winery. You’re provided resources to help minimize, monitor, and control the probability or impact of potentially negative events. Some of the resources available include fleet defensive driving training, property business contingency planning, OSHA related surveys and training, and property fire protection engineering.